An Ohio pro-woman and pro-parent group said that their large group of Ohio-based coalition members is a testament that Ohioans refuse to sit back and watch as the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) and Planned Parenthood bring a war on parental rights to Ohio.
Protect Women Ohio (PWO), a new group dedicated to defeating a proposed constitutional amendment that would legalize abortion throughout the state, released a list of it’s first wave of Ohio-based coalition members on Wednesday.
The list of 48 coalition members includes life and family leaders, concerned parents, health and medication professionals, and faith leaders. According to PWO this first wave of members is a testament to the groups unmatched grassroots support and infrastructure across the state.
“Today’s coalition rollout shows what we have known all along: Ohioans refuse to sit back and watch as the ACLU and Planned Parenthood bring their war on parental rights to our doorstep,” Molly Smith, board member of PWO, said.
Last week, PWO also released a $5 million ad buy to emphasize the radical and dangerous character of the constitutional amendment, which is supported by some of the biggest players in the transgender and abortion industries.
According to Smith, PWO will not allow for the passage of the proposed amendment.
“This extreme and dangerous anti-parent amendment removes existing health protections for women and children and erases parents from the conversation. We won’t let that happen,” Smith said.
The Ohioans for Reproductive Freedom, a coalition of radical pro-abortion activists that includes Planned Parenthood, Pro-Choice Ohio, the Abortion Fund of Ohio, the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) of Ohio, along with the Ohio Physicians for Reproductive Rights, has proposed “The Right to Reproductive Freedom with Protections for Health and Safety.”
This proposed amendment would add Section 22 to Article 1 of the state constitution. The proposal would remove Ohio’s parental notification legislation when a minor wants an abortion and the requirement that abortionists adhere to fundamental hospital health and safety standards. The proposal also aims to permit abortions after babies have heartbeats and can feel pain.
Last week, the Ohio Ballot Board advanced the proposal saying that it incorporates only one constitutional amendment leading the pro-abortion activists to begin collecting the required over 413,000 signatures from registered voters in at least 44 counties before the July 5th deadline.
Earlier this week, two Southeast Ohio residents asked the state Supreme Court to overturn the Ohio Ballot Board’s decision claiming that the Ballot Board erred when it decided that the proposed amendment contained only one issue when it contained two or more. A proposal with more than one amendment must be divided into separate issues under Ohio law.
According to PWO, the proposed amendment is not in the state Constitution.
“This Ohio anti-parent amendment does nothing to protect women and does everything to attack families and eviscerate parental rights. Abortion radicalism has no place in Ohio’s constitution,” PWO said.
The first wave of 48 coalition members joining the fight alongside PWO to preserve parental rights in Ohio are as follows:
- Ohio Right to Life
- Center for Christian Virtue
- Right to Life Action Coalition of Ohio
- Ashtabula County Friends for Life
- Awake America Ohio
- Belmont County Right to Life
- Catholic Charities Diocese of Toledo
- Catholic Conference of Ohio
- Central Ohio Guild of the Catholic Medical Association
- Cincinnati Guild of the Catholic Medical Association
- Cincinnati Right to Life
- Clark County Right to Life
- Cleveland-Northeast Ohio Guild of the Catholic Medical Association
- Cleveland Right to Life
- Created Equal
- Dayton-Miami Valley Guild of the Catholic Medical Association
- Dayton Right to Life
- Erie County Right to Life
- Fostoria Bascom Prolife
- Geauga County Catholic Pro-Life Coalition
- Geauga County Right to Life
- Greater Columbus Right to Life
- Greater Toledo Right to Life
- Hancock County Right to Life, Inc
- Henry County Right to Life
- Huron County Right to Life Society
- ICSJ Respect Life Ministry
- Lake County Right to Life
- Lorain County Right to Life
- Madison County Right to Life
- Marion Citizens for Life
- Medina County Right to Life
- Mercer County Right to Life, Inc.
- Miami County Liberty
- Miami County Right to Life
- Mission America
- National Black Pro-Life Coalition, Ohio Chapter
- Ohio Christian Alliance
- Ohio Parents’ Rights in Education
- Ohio Value Voters
- Project LifeVoice
- Right to Life of Northeast Ohio
- Right to Life of Shelby County
- Ross-Pike Right to Life
- Suburban West Right to Life
- Tiffin Right to Life
- Washington County Right to Life
- Wayne-Holmes Right to Life
– – –
Hannah Poling is a lead reporter at The Ohio Star and The Star News Network. Follow Hannah on Twitter @HannahPoling1. Email tips to [email protected]
Photo “Pro-Life Supporters” by Jordan Uhl. CC BY 2.0.
Unite nationwide on same issues Yes
Way to go Ohighya!